@Hand: Treatment Strategies in Gastroenterology 1.0
@Hand: Treatment Strategies in Gastroenterology is designed to provide you with quick and effective information at the point of care. This resource is useful to novices and experienced clinicians alike.
The Clinical Handbook for Gerontological Nursing is a convenient, practical tool that gives students and nursing professionals the confidence they need to care for elderly patients. This handy reference emphasizes critical thinking and the application of the nursing process in a portable, quick reference guide to provide practical guidance at the point of care.
This popular handbook has been transformed into an easy-to-use handheld application, enabling quick access to valuable information on your mobile device. The application covers the most common health problems nurses are likely to encounter when providing care to older patients. The conditions are organized by system of the body and an A-Z index is also provided.
Features included in this resource:
- Overview including the definition of the condition, its presentation in the older patient, incidence and basic underlying pathophysiology
- Risk factors and causes when known
- Diagnostic tests most frequently helpful for diagnosing the condition and interpretation of abnormal findings
- Nursing assessment instruments and best practices in the care of older patients
- Nursing management techniques most commonly used and reporting guidelines
- Teaching guidelines appropriate for older persons and their families
Patricia A. Tabloski
Clinical Handbook for Gerontological Nursing, Copyright Pearson Prentice Hall. All rights reserved.